AnsweredAssumed Answered

Zynq ZED FMCOMMS3 no boot

Question asked by craigrice on Mar 14, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 15, 2016 by timh

After having copied zynq-zed-adv7511-ad9361-fmcomms2-3 from the SD card that came with COMMS3 to the FAT32 boot partition I unpacked bootgen_sysfiles.tgz.

I also downloaded from Zynq & Altera SoC Quick Start Guide [Analog Devices Wiki] and unpacked 2015_R1-2015_12_22.img.xz and verified checksums match. I copied this 7.9 GB file to the Ext4 partition of a 16 GB SD card (it would not fit on the 8 GB SD card that came with comms3)..

My hardware is ZedBoard rev D S/N D687251 and COMMS3 rev A S/N 695964. I power on the combo boards and terminal program reports boot and hang at reading files uEnv.txt & uImage, see attached These files did not come with COMMS3 SD card. Where can I find them or what am I doing wrong?

Am I to unpack the files or place the packed files on each partition? The ZED board boots fine by itself when using ZED boot files, I get the 2 penguins on HDMI monitor and color bars on VGA monitor. Can anyone who has gotten ZED & COMMS3 to work send me the files of both partitions? I can provide FTP or dropbox. also copy answer to craigr@aamsi.com as I do not know how to turn alerts on at forum that I got an answer. I am an RF Engineer, not programmer and this Avnet kit is not OOB operational.

Thanks

Attachments

Outcomes