AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADAU1761 configuration missing in the Kernel interface

Question asked by PeterRusso on Feb 29, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 10, 2016 by larsc

I need to stream audio between two Zed boards via Ethernet connection. In order to do so, I need to enable the ADAU1761 audio Codec chip (coder-decoder) mounted on the Zed board that is used for the audio processing. The idea is that I run Linux on both boards. Therefore, I am using the Ubuntu 14.4 environment, petalinux 2014.4 and 3.19.0-51-generic kernel version.

For streaming the audio I want to use ALSA. Therefore, after running "petalinux-config -c kernel" and entering the "Device Drivers > Sound card support > Advanced Linux Sound Architecture > ALSA for SoC audio support > CODEC drivers" ADAU1761 Codec is missing from the list with available drivers to be included in the kernel. However, the .c and .h files for the ADAU1761 driver exist in the kernel directory (https://wiki.analog.com/resources/tools-software/linux-drivers/sound/ada...):

/opt/pkg/petalinux-v2014.4-final/components/linux-kernel/xlnx-3.17/sound/soc/codecs/adau1761.c
/opt/pkg/petalinux-v2014.4-final/components/linux-kernel/xlnx-3.17/sound/soc/codecs/adau17x1.c
/opt/pkg/petalinux-v2014.4-final/components/linux-kernel/xlnx-3.17/sound/soc/codecs/adau17x1.h
/opt/pkg/petalinux-v2014.4-final/components/linux-kernel/xlnx-3.17/include/linux/platform_data/adau17x1.h

Therefore, the files for the driver are installed, but it is missing from the kernel configuration interface. I did not see in the forums other people having this problem and I have no idea what is going on.

Looking forward for some answers. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

Outcomes