AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using ADSP-BF60x for specific applications

Question asked by N_Design on Feb 23, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 26, 2016 by Jithul_Janardhanan

I had  read some of the relevant info from Analog Devices website. We are trying to build a Proof  of Concept for ADAS Applications using ADSP-BF609.

This chip i.e  ADSP-BF609.will be used for building a   vision based Forward Collision Detection and a Driver Drowsiness system.

We don’t have the emulator yet.

For building a proof of concept we plan to use the ADSP-BF609 EZ-KIT Lite  along with extender boards Eval – CAM X3 http://www.analog.com/en/design-center/evaluation-hardware-and-software/evaluation-boards-kits/eval-bfext-camei3.html#eb-overview

Analog Devices has a number of software libraries -  Vision Analytics Toolbox and Image Processing Toolbox which we can use to develop our application based on this kit.

Once we have the relevant hardware board and Analog Devices SW library we plan to build a   vision based Forward Collision Detection and a Driver Drowsiness system. based on this platform.

My questions are pretty basic at this point

* Are we correct in choosing this strategy i.e  is this platform a good choice for building this Automotive Application or have we overlooked something ?

* I noticed some links referring to uclinux for this ADSP-BF609. Do we need previous experience in uclinux for building this proof of concept  ?

Outcomes