AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD9361 Configuration

Question asked by raj.csn on Feb 23, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 24, 2016 by tlili

I see a lot of documentation and design references related to AD9361 which is one of the most successful transceivers from ADI. However for a person like me who wants to keep things simple, this is a huge amount of information to assimilate.

Questions:

1) AD9361 is not two receivers because the LO is shared. It is essentially only one "independent" receiver. Am I correct?

2) Can I configure the AD9361 to receive two signal bands of interest say first receiver receiving the lower band of interest [ (f_0 - f_1) to f_0] and the second band receiving the higher band of interest [f_0 to (f_0 + f_1)] ? Note that I am not asking for two totally independent signal bands, I am interested in two "adjacent" bands. If this is the case what is the limit on f_1? Of course I understand that f_1 can be 56 MHz and I can center the band in the middle of 56 MHz and receive the signal. But I would like to know if it is possible to receive two 56 MHz signals either side of f_0 (112 MHz in total).

3) I would like work with AD9361 as though it is a simple chip requiring only center frequency, bandwidth and gain configuration and nothing else. Is it that simple or what dev method is the simplest to configure AD9361s.

Best Regards,

Raj

Outcomes