AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD9361 Power Measurement Question

Question asked by CDRFT Employee on Feb 9, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 11, 2016 by CDRFT

Hi, My friends

I have a question about the power measurement algorithm of AD9361:

From UG-570,  we can see that we can use the data from 4 different places (ADC output/HB3 output or HB1 output/RFIR output) to calculate the average power of the input signal;

========================================================================================

For ADC output/HB3 output, we use below equations to estimate the total power measurement duration:

1.bmp

My question is : 1. How do we decide the parameter ADC Power Measurement Duration 0/1 ?

2. What's the difference of ADC Power Measurement Duration 0 and ADC Power Measurement Duration 1 ?

3. When we should use Equation 33 and When we should use Equation 34?

4. Does the ADC Total Power Measurement Duration is lasting 2^ (ADC Power Measurement Duration 0/1)

ADC clock/HB3 output clock periods?

=========================================================================================

For HB1 output/RFIR output, we use below equation to estimate the total power measurement duration:

2.bmp

My question is : 1. Does the Dec Power Measurement Duration is lasting 16*2^ (Dec Power Measurement Duration)

ADC clock/HB3 output clock periods?

2. Or does the Dec Power Measurement Duration means AD9361 uses 16*2^ (Dec Power Measurement Duration) output

Samples from the output of HB1 or RFIR to calculate the average power, but how long time does the calculation process                             last?

3. How AD9361 calculate the power? Any brief information about the algorithm?

Outcomes