AnsweredAssumed Answered

UART Rx/Tx ADSP21489

Question asked by imu on Feb 1, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 2, 2016 by imu

Hi Analog Devices,

I have used the following example to configure and test UART functionality of ADSP21489 EZ Kit.

C example:

C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\VisualDSP 5.0 (2)\214xx\Examples\ADSP-21489 EZ-Board\UART echo back_C

Firstly, In the readme.txt of the example, it is mentioned to connect UART connector (P1) to any hyperternimal program on PC.

On reading the EZ KIT manual, I have found that the UART Tx/Rx signals are available at RS232 connector (J2) [see attached screenshot].

I am now confused why is it mentioned as UART connector (P1) of the EZ-KIT in the example documentation?

I can also measure signals at (2) and (3) pins of the J2 connector on running the echo back example. Please clarify?

Secondly, on the PC side, I do not have a RS232 serial port. Therefore, I am using an USB to serial converter of Prolific technologies.

I have already tested this converter on another uC with UART communication and it works perfectly!

However, when I used the same connector between the J2 of Ez-KIT and my USB of PC, I just get <FF> <FF> <FF> on the terminal software (Iam using PuTTy). I have set the UART parameters in the software exactly as mentioned in the example.

Am I missing something here?? Please help! Thanks.

Attachments

Outcomes