AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD9910 Power Supply Sensativity

Question asked by SmartChow on Jan 28, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 14, 2018 by dlgochna

Hello,

My group and I have been experimenting with the AD9910 evaluation boards to use in our atomic physics experiments to modulated lasers. A few days ago, upon power up of one of boards we noticed a significantly higher current draw. This board we had just modified to allow it to run synchronously with another AD9910. We got high current draw from the DVDD I/O. I assume the chip has some sort of short and is now useless. I don't believe the modifications could have caused this since the other boards we modified seem to still be functioning. All the power connections were properly done as well. I decided to check the power supply for its transient start-up. I noticed a small negative voltage (~0.5V) on the oscilloscope. I am wondering if this repeated small negative voltage could have caused some damage? Has anyone else experienced something like this from power ups? This board was used for about 6 months. Maybe this is the lifetime of one of these boards? Can anyone suggest why this board shorted? From everything we have checked we can't determine what might have happpened.

Thanks,

Brendin

Outcomes