AnsweredAssumed Answered

Initializing the AD7795

Question asked by CyPhyMatt on Jan 20, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 8, 2016 by larsc
Branched to a new discussion

Hello all!

I'm having trouble getting the AD7795 to work in a project.  Here's what I'm trying to do:

The AD7795 will be connected to a Freescale i.MX 6 Ultralite over SPI.  The i.MX6 Ultralite is running Debian with kernel version 3.14.38.  I compiled that kernel with the AD7793 driver per the instructions here:  https://wiki.analog.com/resources/tools-software/linux-drivers/iio-adc/ad7793

Once the AD7795 is powered and the i.MX6 Ultralite is started up, there are no entries in the /sys/bus/iio/devices/ path on the i.MX6.

I do realize in the instructions on the wiki page that the AD7795 needs to be explicitly declared in code.  The problem I'm having is where does this code need to be written.  I don't understand what is meant by the "board support file" as the wiki page states.  Do you refer to the board support files as those in the /arch/arm/mach-xxxxx directories? Or is the board support file something I'd need to add as an include in the ad7793.c file before I compile the kernel?

I apologize in advance for these questions...  I'm more familiar with device trees.

Thanks!

Outcomes