AnsweredAssumed Answered

AVES Software for ADV7511

Question asked by mike.baker Employee on Jan 18, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 18, 2016 by GuenterL

Am working with the ADV7612/ADV7511 evaluation board to prototype with the ADV7511 only. I've isolated the interface between the two parts and am driving the ADV7511 input with 8-bit RGB video, Input ID 0. HS, VS and DE are solid and at the proper frequency for 1280 x 720 video. I'm not getting video out of the ADV7511 so have a few questions/clarifications.

• Please confirm that the evaluation board self-boots enabling the ADV7511 to recognize any video format in compliance with CEA-861-B? If not, what's required to load it?
  • I tried looking at the register values using the AVES software. Do I need to load the ADV7511.xml for Device 1 only or do I have to also load the ADV7612.xml file even though I'm not using the part? I want to be sure there isn't some ACK requirement between the two parts for proper operation.
  • The first time I plugged in the USB connector to use the AVES software I got a message saying it was loading the driver but then got an error message, driver not loaded properly. What do I need to do to load the driver correctly and the interface is working properly? I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.
  • Will the register values be all zero's after power-up and remain that way until a valid video input format is recognized?

Outcomes