AnsweredAssumed Answered

adrf6720 registers

Question asked by punk77 on Jan 15, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 26, 2016 by LKelly

Hello,

using adrf6720 evaluation board, and GUI interface I'm able to program the ADRF6720. Just some issues: to onaly way toprogram it, I need to:

- provide correct power supply to the board (3.3 v) and supply LO

- launch the program with the GUI

- plug the usb

- import the registry file "Read to .txt file" (previously exported from a correctly running set-up using "Write to .txt file")

- press the button "DUT TO GUI"

- ...every time something goes wrong, and I need to change local oscillator freq. from 153 MHz to my value, and press enter

- now is ok.

If I just import a registry file, nothing works. the problem is that the same registry values exported from a running configuration and configured into adrf6720 direclty using and external microcontroller and SPI, provides a wrong frequency. SPI procedure/timing I suppose to be ok, while I use same microcontroller, same SPI setup (just changing registry values) to program ADRF6820 without any problem (they have a very very closer SPI setup and registry values). What can be the problem? The GUI does not export correctly registry file? I attach the file, I suppose to be ok (exported directly from GUI) for 20 MHZ PLL ref, and 2GHz Output PLL frequency

My GUI is version 0.0.3

thank you

best regards

Outcomes