AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADV7511 - xilinx-vdma 43000000 channel d7597ad0 errors

Question asked by mbroz on Nov 28, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 1, 2015 by larsc

Hi to all,

I am a new user and I'm trying to run Linaro Gnome 15.04 on Zedboard with Zynq 7020 SoC, but I have a problem: there is no output on the screen (HDMI), and there are errors related to VDMA.

The steps that I followed are:

1. Synthesize ADI ADV7511 Design for zed. Because I'm using Vivado 2015.2 I downloaded the DEV branch of HDL design.
  2. Execution of ADI steps to run Linaro (Linux with HDMI video output on the ZED, ZC702 and ZC706 boards [Analog Devices Wiki]) but I downloaded Linaro Gnome 15.04 as rootFS because Linaro 12.11 is unavailable.

The step in which I have problems is " Testing the System": the screen doesn't show the linux mascot or the desktop, and the console prints continuously this message: "xilinx-vdma 43000000.axivdma: Channel d7597ad0 has errors 90, cdr 0 tdr 0 ".

However if I execute the "poweroff" command I see a dash on the monitor (and in some cases the terminal linaro-gnome login text), so the output on the screen *should* work. In addition I'm not able to restart the graphical server GDM even with *sudo*.

Here you can see the boot log in which I noticed "strange" messages (highlighted): Linaro 15.04 Zedboard boot log with ADI ADV7511 - Pastebin.com

Here the device tree compiled: ADV7511 Device tree - Pastebin.com

P.s. another problem I've encountered is the copy of rootfs files into ROOTFS partition of SD CARD, because the command showed into ADI guide doesn't work for me (no files written into partition), so I just extracted them and copied into SD CARD.

Could someone help me?
Thanks.

Outcomes