AnsweredAssumed Answered

gr-iio & buildroot

Question asked by chadgentry on Nov 23, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 24, 2015 by timh

I'm trying to get gnuradio with gr-iio in my own buildroot FS.  After some struggle and tense words I got my rootfs to generate without any errors.  To do this I enabled gnuradio radio (pulled from the main gnuradio git), libiio (pulled from the analog devices git), and all the dependencies I needed to get through compilation.  Then, I created packages for libad9361-iio (from the AD git) and gr-iio (from the gr-iio branch in the AD gnuradio git) and got those to compile without errors.  I'm using the Analog Devices Linux kernel for the kernel and devicetree and the buildroot toolchain.

gnuradio seems to be working, but when I try to use the example grc at gnuradio/fm-transmitter.grc at gr-iio · analogdevicesinc/gnuradio · GitHub, (with the gui items disabled) it fails with this message:

# ./ad_fm_tx.py

Using Volk machine: neon_softfp

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "()

File "./ad_fm_tx.py", line 126, in main

tb = top_block_cls(hostname=options.hostname, interpolation=options.interpolation, wav_file=options.wav_file)

File "./ad_fm_tx.py", line 47, in __init__

self.iio_fmcomms2_sink_0_0 = iio.fmcomms2_sink(hostname, fm_station, samp_rate, interpolation - 1, 20000, True, True, False, False, 0x8000, False, "A", 10.0, 10.0)

File "/home/chad/Documents/./ad_fm_tx.py", line 137, in <module>

mainbuildroot/output/build/gr-iio-0.1/swig/iio_swig.py", line 208, in make

RuntimeError: Unable to create buffer

From what I can tell, the iio backend has trouble creating the buffer.  To verify this, I used the built-in test tool iio_readdev, which also gave me a similar buffer error message:

# iio_readdev cf-ad9361-dds-core-lpc

ERROR: Unable to allocate buffer

Although it installed correctly, I'm worried that I'm leaving out some dependency that libiio needs to make a buffer but I've looked over the code and make files and don't see anything.

Thanks,

Chad

Attachments

Outcomes