AnsweredAssumed Answered

SPI ADE7758 - No output data

Question asked by joseu21 on Nov 7, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 23, 2015 by hmani

Greetings!

I'm working on an energy monitoring system with a ADE7758. I don't really have much experience working with SPI protocol and i'm having some trouble communicating the ADE7758 with a PIC18F452 microcontroller. I designed my own writing and reading routines to match with the timing characteristics of the ADE. Using the connections of the test circuit found on the datasheet of the ADE7758 I tested my code: I tried writing to OPMODE register and reading it back. Unfortunately I have not been able to make them work. I'm attaching the captures from the oscilloscope of the reading attempt. The lines are labeled and as you may see, apparently all timing characteristics are met, but i'm not getting any response from ADE. I'm also reading the 2.4 V of the REF pin. What could I be doing wrong? Is there a chance my ADE 7758 has some malfunction? This is for my final project for getting my degree and i'm kind of desperate. Hope to here from you guys, and thanks ahead for whatever time you may take to help me!

The time scale in this picture is 25us

OPMODE READ.jpg

This following two images are a zoomed in version for the first one. The time scales is 10us

OPMODE READ 2.jpgOPMODE READ 3.jpg

Outcomes