AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADSP-BF561 Video Project

Question asked by UnNaM3D on May 20, 2011
Latest reply on Oct 7, 2011 by Prashant

Hello!

I have a big problem with the Video Input-Output (C) project on ADSP-BF561 EZ-KIT Lite.
I have to do a project which takes a video signal from a video camera, implement some movement detection, and display the video stream on the screen.
I have to mention that I'm from Europe, so my video camera and video projector have a PAL video format (Probably PAL D because I'm from Romania).
Let me explain my setup first:
     - My KIT is ADSP-BF561 EZ-KIT LITE REV. 2.3 (2007)
     - I have a video camera PANASONIC NV-GS60EP-S which has a PAL video system(I don't know which type. I don't have the user manual at this moment but if you want this information please let me know. I've read once the user manual and I SUPPOSE it's PAL D, but I'm not sure).
     - I have a video projector from InFocus.
     - I have VisualDSP++ 5.0 update 9
     - I found the Video Input-Output (C) in VisualDSP directories
     - I read the readme file from the project and did the next things:
     1. My EZ KIT version is rev 2.3 so to disable the internal regulation I've added the next code in Core A/main.c to set the FREQ[1:0] bits in VR_CTL to 00:
// unblock Core B if dual core operation is desired
#ifndef RUN_ON_SINGLE_CORE
*pSICA_SYSCR &= 0xFFDF; // clear bit 5 to unlock
#endif
short VR_CTL_val;
VR_CTL_val = *pVR_CTL;
VR_CTL_val &= 0xFFFC;     //Set FREQ[1:0] to 00
*pVR_CTL = VR_CTL_val;
// set Clocks
Set_PLL( (short)(CORECLK/CLKIN), (short)(CORECLK/SYSCLK));     // sets Core and System Clocks to the values defined in system.h
// initialise SDRAM
InitSDRAM();
     2. I've added the next code in Core B/main.c also to set the FREQ[1:0] bits in VR_CTL to 00:
void main() {
short VR_CTL_val;
VR_CTL_val = *pVR_CTL;
VR_CTL_val &= 0xFFFC;     //Set FREQ[1:0] to 00
*pVR_CTL = VR_CTL_val;
// set Clocks
Set_PLL( (short)(CORECLK/CLKIN), (short)(CORECLK/SYSCLK));
     3. I removed the JUMPER JP2 and set the JP3 on position 1 and 2 to select the on-board external regulator
     4. I connected the video PAL output of the video camera to the bottom right connector of J6 (video in/out jack)
     5. I connected the PAL video projector to the video output jack (top middle connector of J6)
     6. I did the following settings:
          - Dipswitch SW5: set #1 to "off", all others to on
          - Dipswitch SW2: set #2,3,5 to "off", #1,4,6 to on
          - Dipswitch SW3: set #1,4 to "off", #2,3 to on
     7. Other configurations are:
          - JP1 on position 1 and 2
          - SW4: 1, 2, 3, 4 ON - 5, 6 OFF
          - SW13: 1, 2 ON
     8. Under the "Project" tab, select "Build Project"
     9. Hit the "multiprocessor run".
The problem is that the video projector doesn't display anything.
I've tried to make the following modifications:
     - Set #define PIXEL_PER_LINE  (864) and LINES_PER_FRAME (625) in system.h (because PPI_CLK = (864 * 625 * 25) *2 = 27 MHz. -> http://ez.analog.com/message/1460#1460) - NO RESULTS
     - Set JP1 2 and 3 on to synchronize the encoder and decoder clock. Also set SW5 to ON ON OFF ON to set PPI0 27 MHZ oscillator and PPI1's clock = PPI0's output clock - NO RESULTS
I'm thinking if the Video Encoder and Decoder's settings have to be changed for PAL video signal.
I also have a Pinnacle video capture card.
I posted my problem few months ago and nobody solved my problem.
I've done some others modifications which you can find them in my older post http://ez.analog.com/message/18045#18045.
The only thing I've managed to work is to display a black&white image, but from time to time the video is missing some frames (probably some sinchronization issues).
I saw that my KIT doesn't provide functionality for framing an ITU-R 656 output stream. In TX Mode whit no external frame syncs the buffers are send as they are in memory throught the PPI1 to the Video Encoder. I don't manage to understand why the output is not OK.
Can you attach me a working project on PAL video cameras?
I have to mention that this project is very important to me, because it reprezents my graduation thesis. Please help me!

Outcomes