AnsweredAssumed Answered

USE_CACHE and the jpeg libraries.

Question asked by ExtrasensorySystems on May 19, 2011
Latest reply on May 24, 2011 by SteveT

Dear all,

I need some help getting JPEG to run on my own board. It's a plain vanilla BF533 with a 16M16 SDRAM

I am desparately fighting the .ldf for a simple jpeg encode project and I can't seem to get it right.

The MJPEG example has a good skeleton .ldf, which I have modified.

It appears, however, that if USE_CACHE is not defined, the .ldf does not work. FAST_HEAP_MEM overlaps L1 data.

It also appears USE_CACHE is defined somewhere, I think perhaps the MJPEG_UserAccess_BF533.dlb is compiled for cache use (needing stack split up).

What goes really funky is that I link in the library for .jpeg - and I get the following:

[Error li1021]  The following symbols referenced in processor 'P0' could not be resolved:
        'ldf_fast_heap_length [_ldf_fast_heap_length]' referenced from '..\..\..\Program Files\Analog Devices\BlackfinSDK-4.10\Lib\JPEG-MJPEG_UserAccess_BF533.dlb[JPEG_MemAlloc.doj]'

I am guessing the library is translated with cache enabled, but I am trying to use it with the cache OFF - which is futile.

I interpret this as a need for the heaps to be allocated split up, as they are in the USE_CACHE scenario.

Could someone tell me if this is correct and if perhaps thee is a library, which is translated without the USE_CACHE?

It says USE_CACHE can be set as a linker or compiler flag ... but I can not see where. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks thanks thanks !!!

Kent

Attachments

Outcomes