AnsweredAssumed Answered

uC programming a Sigma DSP

Question asked by munoz0raul on May 5, 2011
Latest reply on May 26, 2011 by BrettG

Hello

I'm work in a project that I need to create a code for a TEXAS DSP (TMS320F28335)  that this code will make a sigma boot.

For start to do it the first thing that I did is read the pdf  "SigmaStudio Basic uC Integration Tutorial.pdf"

http://ez.analog.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/1806-1-5949/SigmaStudio%20Basic%20uC%20Integration%20Tutorial.pdf

After read it I did the same program at Sigma Studio Like This.

sigma01.JPG

This work fine....I can program My sigma and listen the beep!.

To understand the I2C communication I plugged My Oscilloscope at pin 1 SCL and pin 2 SDA and I click at box mute in Sigma Studio and I saw this!

Sigma02.JPG

I know that is so beautiful..

Now I saw what I need to do with My uC to make a mute in my sigma.

and I try to create the same waveform, and I did some thing similar!

My waveforme without plug at sigma!

nack.JPG

At this picture you can see that I dont have the ACK because I did plugged the SCl and the SCL!

Now I thought the is the time to plug the uC at the sigma and I tried to did it!

At First point I write my program at EPROM and now I don't need the SigmaStudio to listen the beep, I just need to change the S5 to EPROM and turned on the Sigmakit (EVAL-ADAU1701MINIZ).

After I did it I plugged the SDA and the SCL at J8 connector at pin 1 and 3 and I did my uC write the 0x68 at sigma!

But I dont have the ack again!!!

My question is:

Is correct to plug my SDA and SCL at J8 and the switch S5 for the EPROM side?

Do you know If I need to plug another wire At the J8?

Is possible Do it, make the boot with the EPROM and after try to write a address by I2C to change some parameter?

Do you know if I was missing something?

Thanks For all

and sorry about my English!

2011-05-05 11.06.15.jpg

2011-05-05 11.06.41.jpg

Outcomes