AnsweredAssumed Answered

iio_fm_radio_play

Question asked by komo Employee on Oct 12, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 by larsc

I am trying to demonstrate the FMCOMMS FM Radio demo described here:  HowTo: observe the FM band with an AD9361-equipped board [Analog Devices Wiki]

I am using the FMCOMMS4/Zedboard setup with an FM radio antenna connected to the broadband Rx port.

I can observe the FM radio spectrum on the IIOScope and have many strong signals.

When I execute iio_fm_radio_play in the console, I hear very clear audio on the HDMI monitor but it is very choppy and not continuous.

I have attached a screenshot of the console showing the output from iio_fm_radio_play.  It shows continuous underrun!!! errors (?) that might be the reason for the choppy audio.  Can you explain this?

iio_fm_radio_play.JPG

Additionally, is there any documentation for iio_fm_radio_play?  Perhaps there are some switches that I am not aware of?

Separately, I get permission errors if I try to pipe the audio data to the headphone jack using the "iio_fm_radio 95.5 | aplay -D default:CARD=ADAU1761 -r 48000 -f S16" command.

I would like to demonstrate clear, continuous audio on either the HDMI monitor speakers or the headphone jack.  Please let me know if this is possible and how to properly demonstrate.

Outcomes