Hello ADV7513 team.
An application integrating ADV7513 HDMI Tx with an STMicro SoC, requires support the following audio formats on HDMI, send to the ADV7513 on the I2S lines:
* PCM, up to 8 channels
* Dolby Digital AC3 bitstream
* Dolby Digital Plus bitstream
* DTS bitstream
* Dolby TrueHD bitstream (including Dolby Atmos), high bit-rate audio, up to 18 Mbps
* DTS-HD bitstream (including DTS-X), high bit-rate audio, up to 26 Mbps
Here are the questions:
- Can the AES3 mode be used to carry all of these formats over the I2S lines (MCLK, LRCLK, SCLK, DATA[0-3])?
- We know we can set the channel status information using registers – is the block start bit required?
- Are the high bit-rate streams (e.g. Dolby TrueHD) and the low bit-rate streams (e.g. Dolby AC3) sent to the Tx using the same AES3 mode and formatting?