AnsweredAssumed Answered

VisualDsp++ Automation with Custom Board

Question asked by mmccar on Apr 28, 2011
Latest reply on May 3, 2011 by mmccar

I am trying to use the VisualDSP++ Automation interface to connect to a custom BF-547M based board, but I am unable to get it to work. Does anyone know how to do this?

Everything works fine if I use the BF548 EZLITE board we have, ie I call CreateSession on a ADspApplication object and can load and run a program. For our custom board, we need to use a Custom Board Support XML file to configure the DDR in order for this to work. This works fine when configuring through IDE normally, however, it does not seem to work through the automation interface.

I have tried using the name of an existing session in the call to CreateSession that already has the custom board support file configured, but this does not seem to work, and seems to lead to this existing session being deleted. I have also tried to set the custom board support preferences using the SetPreference function on the ADspDebugSession object, and whilst this sets the same preferences in the registry, it still does not seem to work ie

session = vdsp.CreateSession(...

session.SetPreference("IDDE", "CustomBoardSupportFileName", "C:\\Board-custom.xml")
session.SetPreference("IDDE", "UseCustomBoardSupportFile", 1)

vdsp.DisconnectSession()

session = vdsp.CreateSession(...

The only way I can get system to work is to modify the main ADSP-FB547M-proc.xml file in C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\VisualDSP 5.0\System\ArchDef. Is there any way to get this to work without doing this?

Thanks

Outcomes