AnsweredAssumed Answered

Transmit data into 9361 DAC without CPU

Question asked by CodeWarrior on Sep 2, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 15, 2015 by CodeWarrior
Branched to a new discussion

Hi all,

I have the FMCOMMS2 test design, oscilloscope, and related infrastructure building and working so the build chain is known good. I'm trying to build a transmit (TX) design using the TX1A port of the FMCOMMS2. RX is unused for the moment. In this design there is a Xilinx system generator block generating TX I/Q samples directly into the ADI-provided block axi_ad9361, using the dac_data I/Q 16-bit ports. I've got the full up Linux design running, so driver API commands are all available.

Currently the sysgen block is just a DDS as shown in the Sysgen file, and the complete Vivado design is as shown in the Vivado file.  Here are the settings I make to the DAC on the AD9361:

cd "/sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device1"

# Configure TX RF bandwidth to 2MHz

echo 2000000 > out_voltage_rf_bandwidth

# Configure TX sample rate to 10MSPS

echo 10000000 >  in_voltage_sampling_frequency

# Configure TX RF frequency to 200MHz

echo 200000000 > out_altvoltage1_TX_LO_frequency

What else should I be doing to have the ad9361 directly take I/Q samples as they come in and process them? All the filtering, etc. in the datapath can be configured too, but I was hoping to save that for later. Is there an example of just this being done, without the use of memory buffers storing samples as sent from the CPU?

Attachments

Outcomes