AnsweredAssumed Answered

How Can I ensure the source have read the EDID

Question asked by parjingxx on Aug 26, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 9, 2015 by parjingxx

Hi, there:

I'm using the ADV7623 for a product,and there are some problems with me.I config the RX HDMI MAP 68 69 = A6 this mean that the hdmi input source should read the 7623's EDID in 3 condition :The HPA of an HDMI port is asserted high after three conditions have been met. The conditions are detailed as follows. 1. The internal EDID is active for that port. 2. The delayed version of the cable detect signal CABLE_DET_X_RAW for that port is high. 3. The user has set the manual HPA control for that port to 1 via the HPA_MAN_VALUE_X controls. The HPA of an HDMI port is immediately de-asserted after any of the following three conditions have been met 1.The internal EDID is de-activated for that port 2.The cable detect signal CABLE_DET_X_RAW for that port, is low. 3.The user sets the manual HPD control for that port to 0 via the HPA_MAN_VALUE_X controls.

The source should read the EDID when the HPA was pulled high. But for my product i must set the IO MAP B2 20[3:0] = 0b1111 (this mean that the HPA pin was tristate but Active mode) to pulled high the HPA pin.why?Isn't it set the  IO MAP B2 20[3:0] = 0b0000 the active the HPA pin and the set IO MAP B2 20[7:4] = 0b1111 to add the 5V to pulled high the HPA pin?

In my product some HDMI source can input the correct video and the TV can display the image.Then i read the RX HDMI MAP 68 05[8] = 1 the input is the HDMI mode. But for other HDMI source there is no video and i read  RX HDMI MAP 68 05[8] = 0 DVI mode ,isn't mean that the source have not read the EDID from the 7623? (I detected the HPA have a signal from low to high ) Or just read 128 Bytes of the EDID block? But the source directly input to the TV it display normal(image and audio was output,mean that work in HDMI mode)

Outcomes