AnsweredAssumed Answered


Question asked by Brandon@1993 on Aug 17, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 20, 2015 by RSchnell

Hi, So I need to build an inverter, but I am having some trouble with driving the highside switches. I tried using the HCPL 3120 drivers, but in this case I would need 3 different power supplies, which I would like to avoid. I started looking at other drivers and found this ADuM7234 driver. I would just like to know would this require only one power supply? The way that I am switching the switches is by keeping one of the top switches on for the first half of the sine wave and then sine weighted PWMed the switch at the bottom across from it. During the second half cycle of the sine wave(bottom side) the other top switch is kept on while the other switch at the bottom across from it is sine weighted PWMed. I was just wondering if someone could advise me on if the ADuM7234 will be the right man for the job and if only one power supply would be needed? If so how would I go about connecting this up?


Thanks in advance.