AnsweredAssumed Answered

ad9361 core Rx IIO device controls for fmcomms2/fmcomms3

Question asked by HStoner on Aug 14, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 18, 2015 by rgetz

In referencing the block diagram for the fmcomms2/3 + ZedBoard, resources:eval:user-guides:ad-fmcomms2-ebz:cf_ad9361_zc706_bd.jpg [Analog Devices Wiki] ...

The diagram shows 'AD9361 Core' functions implemented on the ZedBoard.

When I bring up the eval board and look at the IIO devices, in the 'cf-ad9361-dds-core-lpc' device I see controls for the DDS functionality shown on the block, and the digital interfaces are obviously working because the iio-oscilloscope and ad9361-iiostream apps work correctly.

What I don't see in any IIO devices is controls for the Rx path functions shown in 'AD9361 core' portion of the block diagram...specifically, the DC Filtering, PN monitoring, IQ Correction functions on the block.

In the 'cf-ad9361-lpc' IIO device directory, I see four sets of 'calibbias', 'calibphase', and 'calibscale' files, as well as in_voltage_sampling_frequency, and buffer and scan_elements sub-directories.

Are there core functions on these eval boards for Rx DC filtering, IQ correction, and PN monitoring that aren't implemented in the IIO drivers?

Is there a non-iio driver that is interfacing to these Rx core functions, or where is the interface to these functions?

Outcomes