AnsweredAssumed Answered

problem reading/writing from interface registers on ADAU1701

Question asked by dimitrisTymph on Aug 10, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 10, 2015 by dimitrisTymph

Hi forum,

I am having a hard time with working with the interface registers of an ADAU1701.

Trying to understand how they work, I have implemented a very simple design in SigmaStudio and using it on an 1701 evaluation board.

The GPIO_3 accepts a signal from a button on the evaluation board and the red LED connected to GPIO_11 turns on red when I press the button.

Using the design below I am expecting the state of the signal coming out from TCount1 to be stored in INTFACE_0 (interface register 0).

I flash my program on the evaluation board (using the "Write latest compilation to EEPROM" in the Config tab of the HW configuration page of SigmaStudio), unplug the USB cable and then plug it back in.

I can clearly see that the DSP is self-booting from the EEPROM but it won't remember the state of the led. In other words, I don't think that the DSP ever saves the state of the INTFACE_0 in the EEPROM or reads from it.

I have read this thread:

https://ez.analog.com/message/48651#48651.

I wonder if the information there is still relevant. Do I need to follow all those steps there?

The header is not included when I am writing the EEPROM with the latest compilation?

thanks

Dimitris

test.png

Outcomes