AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD-FMCOMMS3-EBZ+Zynq in Simulink with separate PS/PL blocks

Question asked by BennyD on Jul 28, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2015 by BennyD

I'm trying to implement an energy detection model using the Xilinx Zynq and AD-FMCOMMS3-EBZ board in Simulink R2015a. I've installed the MathWorks "Xilinx Zynq-7000 (Embedded Coder)" and "Xilinx Zynq-Based Radio (Comms System Toolbox)" hardware support packages to help with this task. In a Simulink model containing the required "ZC706 and FMCOMMS2/3/4 Receiver" block, I can target a Simulink subsystem for the Zynq PL/FPGA; however, I cannot simultaneously target another portion of the Simulink model for the Zynq PS/ARM.  The reason for this seems to be that there are differences between the "Xilinx Zynq-7000 (Embedded Coder) HW support package/IP Core Generation target workflow" and "Xilinx Zynq-Based Radio (Comms System Toolbox) HW support package/Software-Defined Radio target workflow". 

1.) Using Xilinx Zynq-Based Radio, the input and output ports must be complex 16-bit data types; whereas, using Xilinx Zynq-7000, the input and output ports can NOT be complex.

2.) Using Xilinx Zynq-Based Radio, the targetupdater wizard configures the Zynq Radio IP address to 192.168.3.2 & the host NIC to 3.1; in contrast, using Xilinx Zynq-7000, the wizard configures the Zynq board IP address to 169.254.1.10 & the host NIC to 169.254.230.70. 

I think that these discrepancies would need to be resolved before a Simulink model could be made using the RFCOMMS3 block, a PL-targeted block, and a PS-targeted block.  But just in case--does ADI have any way to reconcile these differences?  Perhaps, a Simulink "ZC706 and FMCOMMS2/3/4 Receiver" block that will work with the Xilinx Zynq-7000 (Embedded Coder) HW support package/IP Core Generation target workflow?

-Ben D.

Outcomes