AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot use Keyboard or mouse on ADV7511 faciliated linaro desktop

Question asked by Mark_Corrigan on Jul 16, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 by Mark_Corrigan

I followed the guide here to create a uImage, devicetreeblob, uEnv file, bitstream and a boot.bin bootloader to boot the linaro precise desktop on the ZYNQ-7000 zc702 board from Xilinx.

When I boot up I do get the desktop appearing over the HDMI port, however, the mouse and keyboard - fitted through the mini USB port at J1 on the board - don't seem to work or be recognised by the system. I've plugged them into the zc702 before, running different operating systems (petalinux builds usually) and they are picked up fine.

A potential problem might be there are no driver modules are loaded - error that pops up on the HDMI monitor during booting reading;

"modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/4.0.0-gc02a437/modules.dep: No such file or directory"

It is in fact correct and there is nothing at all in /lib/modules/*. Am I supposed to have added something manually?

Otherwise if I might have done something wrong in creating the kernel image, devicetree or boot loader could somebody please offer some help?   

Outcomes