AnsweredAssumed Answered

Adding to the FMCOMMS1 Reference Design

Question asked by tjdub21 on Jul 14, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 16, 2015 by rejeesh

Hello all,

I have been able to correctly run the FMCOMMS1 reference design. I have been able to modify the DAC to receive different values and have a different offset. However, I would like to make a few minor modifications to this design. I am using the KC705 evaluation board and I would like to add a few additional input signals to the reference design. I have been able to add my input pins to the system_top.v and add them to the constraints file. So this leaves me with a few questions:

• After adding these signals in my Vivado design, how do I export the hardware design to SDK and access the input pins that I added to the design? I would like to know when these pins are high/low depending on my application.
  • What is the best approach? Forget about SDK and try and run the FMCOMMS1 reference design from Vivado only and do not export to SDK? or try and add these additional input pins, export to SDK, and then figure out how to gain access to those pins in SDK?

In summary, I would like to know when a few additional input pins go high or low. What is the best approach to take to add these signals into my design? Is SDK still recommended? And how do I read in these signals in SDK?

Thanks for the help!!!

-Tyler

Outcomes