AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with ADV7511 HDMI and AXI DMA Transfer

Question asked by zynq-pats on Jul 14, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 13, 2015 by zynq-pats

Hi,

I am using a picozed board with a zynq and I have a problem with DMA Transfer, HDMI and the ADI Kernel. If I load the zynq_xcomm_adv7511_defconfig HDMI works fine and I can see the Desktp of Linaro on my Screen. So the Hardware setup in Vivado is correct. With xilinx_zynq_defconfig I can use my own kernel module with user space application and DMA Loopback in Hardware. But I get an Kernel error if I want to start the DMA Transfer with my Kernel module with the adv7511_defconfig.

I think that there is something strange with the drivers or the kernel configuration. For example: why are there two options for DMA engines support in the drivers section?

I saw that the the driver "xilinx_axidma.c" in the drivers/dma directory of the kernel tree contains "xlnx,axi-dma" and "xlnx,axi-vdma" under compatible. So my HDMI uses the vdma part and the DMA loopback uses the dma part during the devicetree configuration. I think that there must be the mistake. Isn't it allowed to use both parts of the driver at the same time. during boot I can read ""xlnx-dma" already probed".

Can you help me?

Outcomes