AnsweredAssumed Answered

Evaluation board selection

Question asked by beherenow on Jul 9, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 11, 2015 by mmmike

Hello friends at Analog.

I have an idea that I would like to develop and bring to market. At this stage I do not have a patent so I can not discuss specifics of the idea. I can tell you that it will be a battery powered device that can take 2 channels of audio input from 2 microphones, process them through a DSP and then put them back out into a stereo headphone.

I am not an electrical engineer or computer programmer. I am prepared to learn how to program DSP's. I have had a quick look at the User Manual for the ADAU1361 evaluation board. SigmaStudio looks like fun!

1. Could you please give me some advice on what sort of development board and DSP I should purchase.

2. Once I have a working prototype do we redesign the board to suit the product? I am hoping that the chip set in the product I am designing can be purchased for under $10 for a quantity of 10,000. Is that possible?

Thank you for your time. I am very excited about hearing from you. Have a great day.

Grant Robinson

Australia

"The one who creates does not wait for an opportunity, blaming, circumstances, the facts, and the gods. He seizes opportunity or creates them with the magic wand of his will, effort and searching discrimination." Paramahansa Yogananda.

Outcomes