AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADIS16480 Euler accuracy/delay time

Question asked by Noamm on Jun 24, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 1, 2015 by NevadaMark

Hello,

My application requires very accurate and with the smallest delay (fast response time) in measuring Pitch (and later Yaw).

So After checking past forums and some experimenting, I started with the EKF_CNFG register.

I disabled the magnetometer (writing 1 to bit 1), tried and saw that the return to position is fast but with mistakes in Pitch.

When I enabled the adaptive EKF, the response was much slower but the position more accurate (although it still had several mishaps).

I also tried:

1. To lower the value of ACC_DISTB_THR to 0x10 and saw some small improvement in delay time.
  2. To get the gyro and accelrometer Bias fixed using the NULL_CNFG register, and by writing to the GLOB_CMD register (1 to bit 0), but when I observed the BIAS (Gyro or ACC, High or Low) I saw no change. I expected that the bias would be written to these registers (although rather small). I would appreciate if you could help with the instructions for BIAS correction (I'm implementing the 16488 instructions on the 16480)
  3. Is it possible to change the FIR filters and the Averaging/Decimation and get better results for Pitch, Yaw (with EKF?)
  4. Do you have any suggestions for improving the accuracy, delay time? do you have any kind of graphs showing the delays?
  5. I saw the EKF tuning application note, but it looks rather complicated and long procedure for optimization. Is there a simpler/shorter  way to improve the covariances of the EKF for my application.

Thanks

Outcomes