AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADRF6518 Programming Issue

Question asked by solderjockey on Jun 23, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 1, 2015 by jdobler

Hi,

I am having difficulty communicating with the device. I am able to write 'something' to the device but it is not what I want and moreover, I am completely unable to write to it.

After failing to program this I wrote a bit-banging program for an FPGA to program it slowly to make sure everything is OK and the chip is still not being programmed correctly. For example, if I want to set a 1 or 31 MHz bandwidth, I write 1111111110111110 where the last 6 LSBs are the registers B10 to B15 to indicate a bandwidth of 31 MHz. When I write this in, the output signal clearly changes, however, the bandwidth is actually something along the lines of 53 MHz.

The second problem is with reading data from the register to confirm that a proper write has been performed. When I pull the CE signal low and clock in a 0 on the DATA on the rising edge, any subsequent clock rising and falling edges cause the MISO pin to follow the clock signal as if there is an incredibly strong coupling between the two signals. I can provide a picture of this if needed.

I would appreciate any suggestions or solutions.

Thanks

Outcomes