AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADuC7XXX Get Started Guide is written for Windows XP

Question asked by trecht on May 27, 2015
Latest reply on May 27, 2015 by trecht

I'm trying to install the EVAL-ADuC7060QSPZ Quickartart (Plus) Development Kit. The enclosed disk has a PDF file, "ADuC7XXX Get Started Guide" that was written for Windows XP, but I'm installing on Windows 7.  Following this guide is impossible, because the PC doesn't show the same pop-ups and forms that are shown in the guide.  Also, certain installation batch files don't work because the file paths are incorrect -- for instance, programs are installed in "Program Files (x86)" not "Program Files".

I've attempted crawling manually through the instructions, adapting here and there to compensate, but I'm not getting very far at all.  I'm using "IAR Embedded Workbench 7.40" and this causes additional problems, because the guide assumes I'm using "IAR Embedded Workbench 5.40 Kickstart."

My most recent problem is that the example workspaces and source code that's supposed to be loadable are nowhere to be found on my hard disk.  I know I can't be the first engineer to have these problems ... anyone out there who can help me out?

Outcomes