AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADV800x Eval Board, Analog Audio Inputs

Question asked by ChrisInSeoul on May 22, 2015
Latest reply on May 30, 2015 by mattp

I need perform a test on the evaluation board, using both HDMI and analog inputs, including audio.  First I noticed there is no analog audio jack on the eval board.  Or am I missing it?  Assuming I didn't miss it, I next looked on the various headers and test points for a location to connect up a test cable for analog audio input.  No joy.  So finally I looked deeper in the schematics.

Digging through the schematics for the rev 0 evaluation board which I have, using the ADV7850 front-end, as best I can tell the analog audio inputs don't do anywhere.  I'm not 100%, as this is a PDF file and I can't confirm the connectivity, but that's the way it looks.  If this is true, it's going to be fun, if even possible, to tap onto these signals to test.

Looking at the latest eval board schematics available online (rev 0.2 per the drawing), which uses the ADV7842, I see the same thing.  The analog inputs appear to go nowhere, not a test point, not a header.  Again, this is a PDF, so I'm not 100% sure.

Am I missing something?

-Chris

Outcomes