AnsweredAssumed Answered

DDS Evaluation Board Recommendation

Question asked by JWG on May 20, 2015
Latest reply on May 31, 2015 by LouijieC

I am writing to ask if someone might recommend an appropriate DDS development board for my application. I am constructing an instrument that uses two acousto-optic deflectors (AODs) to control the positioning of a laser beam. The RF controlling each deflector is supposed to be set independently by two AD9852 DDS controllers that are located on a PCI card. Unfortunately, I cannot establish communication with the PCI card and the company that manufactured the card no longer offers support for the it or an alternative interface. I wondered if Analog Devices has a suitable development board that could replace the functionality of this device.

The device will be in a feedback loop that will adjust the position of the laser in response to a positional change in a separate component. I only need to update the frequency output by the DDS (single-tone mode). The RF output will then sent to an amplifier before being sent to the AOD.

I anticipate that the frequencies that I will operate the device at are between 15-40 MHz (centered around 27 MHz). The manual for the PCI card that I have specifies that it only uses the upper 32 bits of the 48 bits of the frequency-tuning words that are used by the AD9852.  My requirements certainly do not extend beyond the capabilities of the AD9852, but I am looking for a currently supported device that I can easily communicate with using LabVIEW running on Windows 7.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding my application that would help your recommendation.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Outcomes