I have several questions In the Rev C datasheet, page 20 (and 17).
- In the section - DEVICE PROGRAMMING AFTER INITIAL POWER-UP - is 3 methods.
- Initialization Latch Method
- CE Pin Method
and - Counter Reset Method
I'd like added clarification on what are the addvantages and disadvantages to each.
Also, in Counter Reset Method - must I do a counter latch load any time I wish to change AB values? It seems to work without. If I don't do it, is there an impact? Perhaps with resynch later?
Lastly I'd like clarification of Page 17, Table 10, Power down. There are 2 settings for Asynchronous PD, a Normal Mode and a Sychronous Mode.
- WHat is the advantage of Synch vs Asynch?
- What is the difference in the 2 asychronous modes, and why would I use one verse the other?
- There seems tobe an error between that table and the 3rd paragraph in the "Initialization Latch" section where it states
" If the latch is programmed for synchronous power-down (CE pin high; PD1 bit high; PD2 bit low),"
THis setting in the table in page 17 shows Asynchronous mode. WHich is in error?
Thanks, I look forward to your answer.