AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using ADV7604 to measure incoming video sync signals

Question asked by cdb on Dec 22, 2010
Latest reply on Jan 4, 2011 by mattp

I have designed the ADV7604 into a video product that will be receiving many different types of video standards including analog PC graphics, digital PC graphics, and digital video (720p, 1080i, 1080p, etc.).  I do not know ahead of time what video is being sent by the source device.  I had planned to use the ADV7604 to detect the video standard and then set itself appropriate.  I've been trying to make this work and while perusing the documentation I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that the ADV7604 will not lock to an incoming video standard unless the PLL has been manually set up for that video standard, or the ADV7604 has to have its VID_STD set to the correct incoming video standard.  Is this true?  If so, this makes this part almost unusable.  Is there some way to use the ADV7604 to solve my problem?  Right now the ADV7604 refuses to indicate that its sync detection has locked onto the incoming video sync signals.

Something that's puzzling to me is that I've used the ADV7441A (which is very similar to the ADV7604) in a previous design which has the same requirement and it worked fine.

Carl

Outcomes