AnsweredAssumed Answered

turning off HDCP in ADV7441A

Question asked by cdb on Dec 10, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 17, 2010 by mattp

I need to be able to turn HDCP off in the ADV7441A.  I have an application where a source device is establishing an HDCP link and transmitting HDCP encrypted video, but we are outputting the video to an analog VGA monitor.  This means, of course, that the output video cannot be the incoming video.  I need to be able to tell the source device that we are not HDCP compliant so that it won't encrypt the video.  There's actually no reason for the source device to encrypt the video since its incoming video is from an analog source (it's a device that is receiving analog video, scaling it to a different video resolution, and then outputting the result over HDMI).  Unfortunately, the device insists on encrypting the video once it sees that the ADV7441A is HDCP compliant.  The way I've been trying to make this work is by ignoring the request for an HDCP link (the AKSV update).  Unfortunately, this solution results in the video flashing everytime the AKSV update occurs (which happens about once every 5 seconds).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes