mbente

ADAU1445/1446 flexible routing matrix

Discussion created by mbente on Dec 7, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 13, 2010 by mbente
Branched from an earlier discussion

Hello to all,

in my design i have a ADAU1442 and up to 3 AD1938 can be connected. I have to design a multiroom application and want to equalize every Output channel. I make a design to switch every input channel to every output channel. I used the MUX unit to do this, because the FARM could not do this job for me...!? Right? I think the FARM can Switch any Output channel but not the input stream of the DSP. The Design for all Input and all Output Channels is a lot of data. In the DSP Ressource Monitor shows me 1272 Instructions used.But the Interface will copy 7632 Bytes of Program Data. The Design won't work with this compilation. When i delete a lot of Filter and compile the design again it works. I dont understand how i will use the 3k of instructions. In my design not more than 700 will work savely.

Where is the mistake?

And is there a way to use the FARM for this application. Without change the Outputs. (if i change the outputs the equalizer coefficents will be wrong because they are coppled with the room and not with the source.) My Equ consists of 5 IIR Filter blocks in Series.

Thank you very much!

Moritz Bente

Outcomes