AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADV7511 VC707 evaluation demo for Vivado-2014.2 not working

Question asked by elvisjohndowson on May 8, 2015
Latest reply on May 8, 2015 by rejeesh

Hi,

I tried running the ADV7511 HDMI evaluation demo for a VC707 board using Vivado-2014.2, but it doesn't work properly.

I downloaded the files from this location:

no-OS/adv7511/evaluate/vc707 at master · analogdevicesinc/no-OS · GitHub

The problems that I've encountered are:

01. Junk character output to the console display, when I run the eval scripts. I'm using minicom on RHEL-6.6, and tried at 115200 bps 8N1, to no avail. I additionally tried 38400 and 9600 bps, but still no results.

When I recreated the Vivado project system block diagram, I noticed that in the block diagram that get created by the ADI create project scripts, that a /axi_uart/UART port output is proposed by the design automation wizard for the block diagram. There is a TX output for the serial port connected, but there is also an extra UART port available. Could you confirm that this indended?

02. I tried connecting to a Sony Bravia 1080p Full HD television, but it doesn't display any image. At one point, after pressing blindly in the terminal console (with the junk character output), it did display an image with the Xilinx and ADI logo and a picture of the ADV7511 chip, reproduced tiled 3x3 times on the 1080p television screen.

Regards,

Elvis Dowson

Outcomes