AnsweredAssumed Answered

Functioning of Isolated ADC ADE7913

Question asked by sudarshan on Apr 28, 2015
Latest reply on May 5, 2015 by pminc48

Hi, We have used one fully isolated ADC IC ADE7913 in one of our application to detect for protective earth disconnection. There are some points on which I am facing problem with actual measurement readings on hardware and simulation results as:                                1) The PSPICE model for the IC ADE7913 is not available.                                                                                                        2)When IC is mounted on the board with sub circuitary and protective earth is connected then results are coming let say 230V at the input pins of IC and whenever protective earth disconnected then it is in the range of 110V.  While in simulation, it is coming 23V whenever earth disconnects by using internal impedance values mentioned in the datasheet as PSPICE model is not available.                               3) This may happening because of internal impedance values otherwise any other reasons.                                                                      4) The product is going to use in different geography. So Is ic is designed by considering source impedance, harmonics (if yes then upto what values)  ?    Is this IC really feasible for our application?                                                                                                                                                                                    Kindly share me either PSPICE model or internal blocks to find out imendances of IC so that I can simulate my circuit and get the same results as coming with actual hardware. You can mail me also on  sudarshan.khade@tcs.com asap.

Outcomes