AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADV7619 splitting L&R out for 3D

Question asked by achernock on Apr 24, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 25, 2015 by DaveD

Hi guys, I have already emailed this question into CIC...Case #C15DX0716

I have a key customer here in South Florida that wants to take one HDMI input and split it into Left and Right (for 3D).  At the moment he plans on using an FPGA with his HDMI receiver to split into L and R, but it appears that it’s possible that the ADV7619 may be capable of outputting both left and right video data. 

>> If they do the split into two separate 24 bit buses maybe it is worth looking since it could save me the small FPGA

Could you please review the customers questions/concerns and let me know how to respond?

----------------------------------------------

Hi Andy,

Thanks for sharing the part.    I will have to review the spec in detail.   A first glance points to a few issues

• I am using a part right now that is 9x9 mm.   This part is 14x14 which from the pricing I see on your website it is significantly more expensive than what I use today…
  • I only need 1 HDMI input.  This part has two. Perhaps that is why they need a bigger/pricier  part

Not clear how they handle 3D modes.  Do they support LEFT/RIGHT split into the 24-bit DDR mode in page 20?    I am not sure Page 15 of the spec they mention two 24 bit parallel video sub-buses but on the Tables 7-12 I don’t see the two output buses .    If they do the split into two separate 24 bit buses maybe it is worth looking since it could save me the small FPGA at the output that we have been discussing.    It will be good to find out  if they can split the output into two RGB ports instead of the DDR mode from table 11.

Outcomes