AnsweredAssumed Answered

Part 1: First project using a SHARC, 21261, Some Questions.

Question asked by diydsp on Apr 20, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 25, 2015 by diydsp

Hi all

I'm still fairly new around here and new to the SHARC platform as a whole, so recently I started a fairly ambitious DSP project after reading through literately tons of SHARC material, I think I'm finally comfortable to start development.

I'm basically interested in building, not buying, a small SHARC 100mmx100mm audio 4-layer board for "basic" Audio DSP research using a SHARC-21261 150MHz processor, Also my goal is, after obtaining success with this board, it will be a run up to a more powerful SHARC 21489 self developed board, for now.. I wanted to keep things simple, also note im using the sharc 21261 EZ-BOARD as a hardware guide to reduce the error rate as the waters are deep and it feels like  im "swimming with sharcs"

http://www.analog.com/media/en/dsp-documentation/evaluation-kit-manuals/ADSP-21262_ezkit_man_rev.3.2.pdf

My objective for this project is as follows. 

===============================

* To obtain knowledge on an how to layout a SHARC DSP board, I'm using Altium Designer.

* Get a basic level of understanding on how the SHARC platform works (both hardware and software)

* How to program DSP code, perform processing, debug using CCS using ADSP JTAG hardware.

* How build and load binaries to the SPI flash memory.

My first question

=============

1) How much external SRAM memory is required for multichannel audio processing using a SHARC-21261 ? ( 6-channels of audio at the highest sample rate)...

2) Attached is progress of the board, thus far I have the power supply section completed which consists of a 5V and local regulators 3.3v and 1.2V on a 4 layer board.  

Thank you in advance,

Attachments

Outcomes