AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADV7511 Reference Design on Virtex VC707 not working (HDMI output)

Question asked by bereza on Apr 14, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 4, 2015 by DragosB

Hello,

I am having trouble to get the reference design for ADV7511 to work properly on a VC707 Board. The only resulotions, which produce a a picture are 1920x1080 (clear) and 1600x900 (noisy). While showing the example picture in these two resolutions, the screen is constantly displaying a message like "false mode. recommended mode is ... 60 Hz" Every other resolution results in a black screen.

The funny thing is that I tested the corresponding reference design on a zc706 board and it worked without any problems with the same screen and cable. Every resolution was possible and the screen didn't show the message "false mode. ..."

How can I get the reference design to work? Is there somebody who experienced the same problem? How could it be solved?

Here is what I used:

At the moment I only have XIlinx 14.6 tools available. In the adv wiki there are links to files for Vivado Design Suite,   but I found the link above, which seems to be the right one for 14.6.

I tried everything possible. First I synthsized the design myself. There was a message that 2 timing constrains were not met. I thought this could be the problem so I used the provided bitstream: system.bit This didn't make things better. I then decided try the evaluation script As I am using linux, I simply typed the commands from evaluate.bat myself into XMD. This had the same result. I used the same sources for the zc706 and everything worked fine.

I borrowed a second vc707 to exclude a malfunction of the board and there were the same problems. Also I wanted to add the output i get in the console.  As you might notice I had to plug the HDMI cable out and in to receive the EDID information, which is also odd. Anyway, here is the output:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADI HDMI Trasmitter Application Ver R1.1.1
  HDMI-TX:  ADV7511 Rev 0x14
  Created:  Apr 10 2015 At 11:02:55

Mute audio and video.
Errorcode: APP: Driver Enabled
HPD changed to HI
MSEN changed to HI
APP: Changed system mode to Transmitter
Un-mute audio and video.
HPD changed to LOW
MSEN changed to LOW
APP: Changed system mode to Disconnected
Mute audio and video.
HPD changed to HI
MSEN changed to HI
APP: Changed system mode to Transmitter
A new EDID segment was read.
DVI device.
------------------------- EDID BLOCK 0 -------------------------
Edid Version 1.3
Mon Timing:
    Pixel clock = 108.0 MHz
    H Active    = 1280
    V Active    = 1024
    Progressive
    No stereo
    Separate sync = 3
    +ve VSync
    +ve HSync
Mon Freq:
    Min V Freq = 56 Hz
    Max V Freq = 75 Hz
    Min H Freq = 30 KHz
    Max H Freq = 81 KHz
Mon Name:   SyncMaster

Mon Serial: HMCQ848531

Edid extensions blocks: 0
########################### EDID END ###########################

Un-mute audio and video.
Resolution was changed to 1600x900
Resolution was changed to 1920x1080
Resolution was changed to 640x480
Resolution was changed to 800x600
Resolution was changed to 1280x720
Resolution was changed to 1600x900

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you in advance,

Bereza

Outcomes