I want to test the multiprocessor messaging function with VDK. My platform is TS-201 EZ-KIT Evaluation Board. By running the examples named "Producer_Consumer" located in directory "Analog Devices\VisualDSP 5.0\TS\Examples\ADSP-TS201 EZ-KIT Lite\VDK", I found everything was OK.But I am interested in Multiprocesssor Messaging with payload of strings or characters. So I made some modifications to the example code. The details are as follows.
The modification of the function "static void consume_item(void * item)" is as follows:
static void consume_item (void *item)
//int i = reinterpret_cast<int>(item);
//printf("Consumer ID %d Received %d from the random-number producer\n",
// VDK::GetThreadID(), i);
The modication of the function "static void produce_item(void **ppItem)" is as follows:
static void produce_item(void **ppItem)
//int val = rand();
//*ppItem = reinterpret_cast<void*>(val);
Finally, I didn't get the expected string "He", but some messy words instead, in the output window after running the compiled and linked project.
Thanks for your help in advance!