AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADIS16448 SENS_AVG not working as expected on ADIS-EVAL

Question asked by BrandonjNapier on Mar 10, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 by NevadaMark

Test Setup:

ADIS16448

ADIS-EVAL

Evaluation SW 1.13.0

I ran three tests to see if I could change the measurement range on the gyros between the three settings (1000, 500, and 250 deg/sec).  I used the evaluation software to change the SENS_AVG field from 402, 202, and 104 depending on which range I was testing.  For each test I would verify the registry changed by updating the registry fields after sending the new value.

I used the data capture page to log ~20 seconds of data, during which time I would rotate the IMU about its different axis very quickly.  Note that I had the "Used Scaled Data" option checked for all tests.

When I look at the data for the 250 deg/sec runs, I see that the sensor was outputting data up to +/- 1310.7 deg/sec.  The 500 deg/sec run was similar, but with a lower value.  the 1000 deg/sec run did not reach above 800 deg/sec (maybe I did not shake it hard enough, or the filters were removing the peak).

This is not what I would have expected to happen.  Did I misinterpret the data sheet?  Is it because I am using the scaled data option?  Thanks.

Outcomes