I use 2 AD9914 (one per SPI, one per parallel),on a costum board.
I use an ext. clock with 3,5GHz.
I can program both AD9914 with the following steps:
- set F-Pins
- set Profile-Pins to 0
- set Master-Reset HIGH for 1ms
- set the DAC cal. bit to 1, pulse an I/O-Update
- wait 1ms and set the DAC cal. bit to 0
- program the 4 CF register
- program the profile 0 tuning word and amplitude and phase register
- pulse an I/O-Update
After the programing I can see the frequency according to the tuning word, but I have also spurious as you can see in the attechment.
Have seen this someone and can give me a hint, to solve this problem?