AnsweredAssumed Answered

Some troubles with softwarereset on BF527

Question asked by Mathias on Nov 16, 2010
Latest reply on Nov 24, 2010 by aviator

Hello,

I testet some routines to reset the DSP like Softwarereset with SWRST or WDOG-Timer.

Now i will restart the DSP with a new Bootstream from an another address. The DSP boots from

SPI-Flash and the Bootloader is written @ address 0x00000h. The second Bootloader is laying @ adress 0x20000h.

That is what i have understood of the manual HWR:

If i will reboot my Device, i have to set the BCODE in SYSCR-Register.

If i will make a Software-Reset without start the normal bootsequence. I set the BCODE to 0x01h.

After this instruction, a systemreset is set with the SWRST-register.

If the DSP have finished the Reset, i will reboot.

this i can do withe raise(1), but this is not what i want to do.

I will restart my DSP from SPI like the normal Bootstream. My Firmware lays after the Bootloaderfile.

The 2nd loader should be started at the new adress of the SPI-Flash.

Thats my code:

void swreset(unsigned long ulBootcode)
{
    unsigned long dFlags;
    unsigned long i;

dFlags = BFLAG_PERIPHERAL | BFLAG_RETURN;

*pSYSCR |=    ulBootcode<<4;

*pSWRST=SYSTEM_RESET;     
    for(i=0;i<100;i++)    // Warteschleife von 100 Takten um Systemreset einzuleiten
    {
        asm("nop;");
    }

bfrom_SpiBoot(0x20000, dFlags, 0, NULL);

raise(1);   
}

I´m thinking the raise(1)-instruction will never arrive. The DSP is hanging if i use this code.

So I´m reading the manual again and again. My new idea is to overwrite all important registers for a systemreset.

(I found the OTP, but if i´m right, that´s not the best way to handle.)

SYSCTRL-, SYSCR-, SWRST- and the MMR-Registers are the important register to reboot the DSP from the firmware.

Now the questions:

1. What´s wrong with my code? Did i had forgotten to set important Flags? Have anyone an idea?

2. Are the registers all important register for booting?

3. Can i manually reboot the DSP just with writing the SYSCTRL-, SYSCR-, SWRST- and the MMR-Register?

4. If the OTP-Memory is written with custom settings,  can i start the DSP normal with the bootroutine and reset it with  entries on OTP-Memory?

Or is that unimportant to do this?

Outcomes