AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADA4433

Question asked by e.axha on Feb 20, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 4, 2015 by AnnaFeB

Hello Sir/Madam,

I am approaching this forum, because I would like to have some more information regarding the functionality of ADA4433 Video Filter and Amplifier.

1. The datasheet, page 15-16, mentions that the IC has a short to ground protection feature, and it limits the current source/sink up to 60mA. If two inputs are shorted the current source/sink is limited to 50mA. However, the datasheet fails to mention whether in this condition the ADA4433 would stop sourcing/sinking current (for power safe reasons) after a certain time. Is there such a functionality? If so, what is this time? Also what is the power consumption vs short to GND time.

2. I would also like to know more information regarding the current consumption (drawn from the power source) on:

a) No Load/No Signal condition

What does No-Load condition entails? Is having an open circuit on only one of the output lines considered a No Load situation?

It would be helpful to know how the IC determines the absence of the load.

b) Normal operation i.e. RL = 150 Ohm and with input signal

what is the current consumption variation in normal operation? It would be great to have minimum and maximum levels indicated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Outcomes