AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADV7611 resolution change scenarios

Question asked by ravi1 on Feb 16, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2015 by GuenterL

Below is my understanding related to EDID, please correct me if my understanding is different.

When we connect Video source to HDMI, then video source will read EDID using DDC(display data channel - DDCA_SDA , DDCA_SCL) and selects 1st resolution in EDID if video source also supports that resolution  otherwise it will check the 2nd resolution in EDID, whether video source will support 2nd resolution or not and so on.

I have two scenarios mentioned below, can you help me how to handle these scenarios.

Scenario1:
1. Video source is not connected to ADV7611.
2. ADV7611 driver got a request from application for setting a resolution(say 1280x720).
  Q1) Where I have to update this resolution in ADV7611 chip(which registers), so that the Video source will treat this resolution as 1st preference than the order updated in EDID(shown below).

EDID.jpg 

Scenario2:
1. Video source is connected to ADV7611.
2. After connecting video source, ADV7611 driver got a request from application for setting a resolution(say 1280x720).
  Q1) Where I have to update this resolution(say 1280x720) in ADV7611 chip(which registers), so that video source will start sending the data with this resolution(say 1280x720).

Outcomes