AnsweredAssumed Answered

zynq-zc702-adv7511-ad9364-fmcomms4  adi_update_tools.sh doesn't work

Question asked by sotonzi on Feb 6, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 9, 2015 by larsc

Hi,

I am new to the zynq and Linux development and I have a few questions about the zc702 with AD9364.

According to the quickstart (Zynq Quick Start Guide [Analog Devices Wiki]) I've download the "2014_R2-2014_12_12.bin" successfully and write the image to the SD card. However, once I boot the board (I can see the DONE LED lit), when I run the adi_update_tools.sh, the following errors occurs:

It seems my network connection has some problem, so I try to use the ping command. I found that:

1. when I do "ping google.com", it returned "ping: unknown host google.com"

2. I can ping the host in our LAN, ie. "ping xx-pc"

Do you guys have any clue? I've use the ifconfig to set the MAC address, anything else do I need to configure? The Ethernet cable is connected between the ZC702 board and the Ethernet switch, is this right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another question is about the AD9364 device. I copy the files from the zynq-zc702-adv7511-ad9364-fmcomms4 to the SD card root folder. So presumably, when the system is booted, I should be able to see the AD9364. However when I looked into the

sys/bus/iio/devices, it shows three devices and they are xadc, adf4351-udc-tx-pmod and adf4351-udc-rx-pmod. There is no ad9364 or even ad9361 listed!

Then I looked at the boot log, there is one line different from the example in the Zynq Quick Start Guide [Analog Devices Wiki]

and apart from these two lines I can't see any other logs about the ad9361/9364. What does this imply and what do I do to fix this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thank you in advance and hope to get some useful resolves from those experts.

sotonzi

Outcomes